Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ridin' the Storm Out

That's exactly what the last two weeks have been- a storm! I've been in full steam ahead work mode getting the finishing touches put on the next chapter in the "Digi-Scrappin'" series. Now it's done and turned in, and I can breathe for about two minutes before I need to finish getting the finishing touches together for the new site (launching July 1st!!!). I'm all set, though. We just upgraded the memory in both the home PC and my laptop. I'm moving at the speed of light now, and really happy about it.

This week marks a bittersweet anniversary for me. This Saturday in June 16th. This will forever be a pivotal day in my life. So many things changed on that day. The anniversary is looming in front of me and I don't know what to do with these emotions. So, I'm doing the best thing I know how to do- and scrapbooking through it. Saturday the girls and I will be at "The Pad", so please stop by and say hello.

If you're wondering what the major anniversary is, it' been one year ago that my life took a big turn. One year ago today we received a call that my dear uncle had taken a terrible turn for the worse in his hospice bed. We needed to leave and drive as fast as we could to Chattanooga, TN to be with him and the family. So, I called my now ex-boss at the Recollections corporate office and let her know. After the response I recieved, I left with a heavy heart to be with my family. Uncle Ricky passed away on Friday, June 16th- only hours after we had arrived. On the long trip home I made the decision that would change my life- to resign my position at Recollections.

Like a sign from God, I received a message from Suzanne Macneil of Design Originals saying "Let's get together and see if we can dream up a way to work together". Three books later, a website in the works, and a series to come- here I am. I have to admit I am still bitter about the parting with Recollections- as many of you know. I am grateful to have been freed from it, but missing my old friends at the store level. I don't think I'll ever get past that. But, the one year mark means that- I made it. I didn't well up in a hole and die. I didn't fade away into oblivion. I held my head up and kept going- no matter how many times I wanted to dive headfirst off that cliff. I'm here- and I'm better for it.

So, this Saturday I will wake and thank God for taking care of my wonderful Uncle Ricky. And I will also thank him for all the events of the last year- bad and good. Because in the end, all the bad stuff has really turned out good anyway. So, that's it. I am officially letting go of all of it, and handing it over to the one person who will unburdon me.

Love to all- Amanda

3 comments:

Cindy Freeman said...

Well, who can blame you for still feeling the sting. But, it has worked itself into a wonderful new adventure. I'm very excited for you with all the great stuff happening for you. I know your website and books will be a smashing success. The journey is really tuff somtimes, but in the end...God knows what he's doing!

Susan - s3js said...

What powerful words, Amanda - and what empowering words! Giving it all to the God of Heaven will give you a freedom beyond measure and hope beyond words. You go, Girl! All the best to you in all you do.

Paula Phillips said...

I'm very proud of you and all you've accomplished. You're one tough cookie! You have done well at moving on and bettering yourself (better than I could have done in your shoes for sure!). I know you have many successes to come and handing everything to God and letting him take care of you is the best thing you can do!