Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sante Fe

It's a little past 3p here, and I'm sitting in "Pepe Le Bean" in Sante Fe, New Mexico. It's a quaint little coffee shop, and the closest place I could find with wireless Internet. The owner keeps giving me jabbing looks as I've been here for the last 4 hours. It's not crowded at all, but apparently I'm not buying enough. So, one Dr. Pepper, one hot chocolate and one white chocolate mocha something later, I'm still sitting here. It's threatening to rain outside. Paul and the boys ventured up into the mountains today. I elected to stay here and catch up on some work. For the most part it's been nice and quiet.
We spent the day yesterday with Paul's sister, Yvonne and the rest of the Dykan clan at her wedding. It was a simple ceremony with about 200 guests. The reception was none like I had ever been to before. It was a complete Mexican affair with a current latino-country band, dancing, fajita's, Mexican beer and a Pinata for the little ones. The bride and groom were blushing and crying with joy- and in the end, we all had a great day. The ceremony and reception was held outside (though there were tents to cover the tables). But, you know me and my white skin-- of course I got sunburnt! Ben found himself a girlfriend and Nicholas learned to play horseshoes.


I can't wait to get home on Tuesday, though. I'm missing all of you and my animals very much!Paul's off until Friday, so I'm planning to spend some quaility time at The Scrapbook Pad later this week.


From Sante Fe- signing off for now...


Amanda D

No comments: