Saturday, June 23, 2007

Doing the Unthinkable

So, I've done the unthinkable- that which I never thought I would do- and couldn't even have imagined it all. I had the mega garage sale of all garage sales and sold all the scrapbooking stuff. With the exception of about 1/4 of what I started with, it's all gone. I have to admit- part of me wants to cry a little bit. I think most of it is that I'm just tired, though. It will be a huge cleanse, though, to have it all out of the house and gone. Even the stamps- those things I coveted so much. I never have time anymore to do anything with them. Everyday I look at that room with all the fun, amazing supplies- and just want to be done with it! I feel like the release of all that "scrapbooking stuff" has helped me turn a chapter in my life. That probably sounds weird... but, the fact of the matter is that I'm so incredibly tired everything flowing from the tips of my fingers is bound to sound a little wack right now.

The remainder will probably go on Ebay. I'm thinking of putting one huge lot on Craig's List and being done with it...hmmm...there's a thought. And, the funny and ironic thing is that I really don't have any less supplies. All my stamps, embossing tools, eyelets, ribbons, brads, papers, inks... are in endless supply- and all on my extensive collection of external harddrives! Crazy as it sounds, that's all I need.

I really discovered that last night. Paula, Cindy, Julie and my new-found-friend Catherine all rented out the back room of an eclectic little coffee bar in close to the University. We sat in the back all night and digi-scrapped. We laughed, exchanged stories, showed each other how to do things, sang along badly to the 80's music (Catherine! ha!), and just had a blast. When it was time to go, I was as exhausted as I am now. I threw my laptop in my shoulderbag and zip- I was outta there. Just like that. No lugging or hauling or beeping sounds and lights as I wheeled my tote out of the place. Amazing. We had such an amazing time. Thank God for Girlfriends!

But, now- it couldn't be any more perfect. I'll use the money I earned this weekend (and thanks to all who came) to pay completely for my new endeaver- PurplePaperFlowers.com- launching in just 10 days. It's not even bittersweet... it's just sweet.

I'm off to take a nap- and a well-deserved one at that.

Smiling and nodding off~ Amanda

2 comments:

Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

Oh my, girl...you are brave! I myself have a few boxes in the garage ready for a yard sale and I still have a couple of boxes of stamps and stuff that I am sooo struggling with letting go! Maybe one day I'll get as brave as you and just 'let it go'!

Laura said...

I wish I could get out from under the Scrapping "STUFF" But as DH would loving point out...I am a packrat! I really do need a cleansing though! Good for you!