Saturday, April 14, 2007

Midnight

It's late and I can't sleep- again...so here I am. NASCAR is in town so I'm a widow for the weekend. The boys have taken over my bed, and they look so peaceful I'm quite sure I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. There's always the guest room, but I just know they'd freak out if they woke up and didn't see me right there with them. lol... funny thought... can't have that, though.

Paula and I took an odd Saturday and spent it at The Scrapbook Pad today. So many familiar faces I hadn't seen in a while came in. We also met some new faces... a couple new aspiring digi-scrappers. That's always fun. Paula learned some new tricks and I actually finished a couple pages. It was a brisk 55 degrees most of the day. When I spoke to my mother this afternoon she was basking in the sunshine in Cocoa Beach, Florida...in a wonderful 80-something degrees. I almost wanted to tell her to "bite me"... But, she's my mother, so I didn't... :-)

I have to say, though, I really missed my kids all day! I've been spending every waking moment with them since Paul and I got back from Vegas a few weeks ago. Other than Friday nights, one or both of them is really always within arms reach. So, last night I went scrapbooking, and then again today! I guess I'm getting used to it. You'd think that, by being around them so much, I'd really want the vacation. I really looked forward to today, and had a great time. Paula and I always have such fun, and there's never a lack of conversation...(ha ha)... but at 9:30p I packed up and went to pick up the little ones. I just couldn't stand it anymore! You should have seen the faces of the women in the crop room. "What- somebody's leaving!!!" Nothing personal, gals... just had to hug my boys.

So, I'm off to spend some more time surfing before the Sandman offers to come take me away.

More soon~ A

1 comment:

Paula Phillips said...

Who is the fabulous photographer that took that new picture of you? I have to give her a call - hehe.