Friday, April 20, 2007

Clearing Things Up

Some of you may have noticed that my store at PlainDigitalWrapper is gone. And, it is. I want to clear up what happened for the record.

In three of my kits I used doodles that were "inspired by" Paper Salon. I contacted Paper Salon about doing this and received permission, as long as I made the required changes. I had permission from the stamp company, and not the artist who drew them for the stamp company. This resulted in my losing my spot as a guest designer at PlainDigitalWrapper. I understand their point of view, and thank them for the opportunity they gave me.

Just to avoid any confusion whatsoever, I've taken the kits out of my collection. It's not worth it to me, even if I did have the permission I thought I needed. It's a sad day.

I just got a really nice letter from the owner of Paper Salon apologizing for all the confusion. It's all good. For now, you'll notice I have taken the slide of my kits off. I am moving forward and creating more kits to post for sale at my site, PurplePaperFlowers.com which is due to launch in a couple short months. I will not stop designing.

Thanks to those of you who have sent me notes about this. I really appreciate your encouragement.

Hugs,
Amanda

Amanda D

2 comments:

SarahG said...

AWWW Honey (((HUGS))) I'm sure you would have not done anything you weren't in the clear for. I'm so sorry And please don't give up designing You really have talent :)

I hope things get better for you :)

Paula Phillips said...

You definitely should not stop designing. You have great stuff. The images in question were only a small, small part of your designs. You have so much more to offer and those little things won't be missed. It will all get better soon, like tonight at the crop - hehe!
HUGGLES :)