Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Drama

So, my family can attest to my gracefullness.... or lack there of. But, yesterday's events goes a little above and beyond. Let me begin by saying that I'm completely fine. However... there was a little drama yesterday afternoon.

I really would like to say I saw my life flash before my eyes. But, no. It wasn't like that at all. It was drizzling, and I was driving down Loop 820 here in Texas. I had just turned right off of Jacksburo Hwy. onto 820. Two hands on the wheel....not on the phone. The radio wasn't even on! No eating, drinking and driving, any of that. My front right tire hit a shallow puddle of water, and that was it. I was spinning out of control. The next thing I saw was me facing ongoing traffic. A couple horn blasts.... then I was on two wheels in the median- facing the wrong direction. I had to have turned completely around at least one and a half times. Thank you to the police officer who stopped to see if I was okay. Thank you to all the cars who moved out of the way when they saw me spinning. Thank you to the state of Texas for not putting a concrete baracade there for me to run into. And, though I'm not a terribly religious person, I can't ignore the fact that a larger force reached down and put a bubble around me. So, thank you, big guy.

I escaped the whole ordeal just fine. Of course, knowing me, I managed to bonk my noggin on the window. Doc says I have a cracked cheekbone and a mild concusion. lol... go figure. No bruises really to speak of, except a big on on my right hip. But, really sore... and who would've thunk that a concussion would give you the tummy jitters....

Good thing I'm not writing anything really important today. I think the redneck-speak is starting to show through.

Going to bed while the gettin's good.

And, thank you to so many of you for the nice comments and congratulations lately. It's been really sweet.

Hugs,
A

1 comment:

LISACPARSONS said...

Hi Amanda!

It's Lisa Parsons! I was just reading your blog and OMG I can relate to your incident in the rain. That same thing happened to me back in 2005 (or later) and I was driving along on 820 in FTW and my TransAm hydroplaned and I did a complete 360 and was scared to death I was going to end up in the ditch. By the grace of God my car corrected itself on the side of the road and stopped facing the direct way traffic was flowing. I was like you and was spinning and going the other direction of traffic when I spun out-of-control. Talk about being scared!! I now have a Vette and I will not drive it in the rain for fear of it hydroplaning!! Take Care...Love your blog!