Friday, November 23, 2007

The Turkey Day After

The parents are in the living room digging the new tree out of the bag to put up with the grandbabies. This is our first Thanksgiving home in over ten years! It's been a nice, quiet trip. I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on some work and deal with my sister's aggrevation today. The kids are watching Rudolf in the back bedroom and the dog's on the front porch enjoying some leftovers. It's quite the relaxed scene out here. We've all become game experts, as my sister has brought home her Wii for the weekend. Nicholas is determined to ask Santa for it. He doesn't know we've already bought it for him. Ben has his heart set on a Spiderman Bicycle. So, I think I'll be hitting the nearest Toys R Us when I get home to pick it up. I think this year is going to be a small Christmas. But, with those main gifts I think we'll be alright.

We have definately indulged this week. I've gotten to have NC barbeque... which I greatly miss in Texas. We had a huge meal yesterday, and surely there will be a trip to a fish camp before we leave on Sunday. The diet starts the minute we get home. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. by PMA. I think I can do it. I've been kind of excercise crazy lately. We'll see how it goes...

Saturday we took the 1 1/2 hour trip up to Winston-Salem to see my Grandmother. That day also happened to be my birthday. My brother and sister showed up to surprise her. It was a great day. We took a ton of pictures... and then left the camera in the car. When we went to dinner on Sunday night, the car (my fathers' Ford F-250~ big truck) got broken into. They took over $2000 worth of stuff- including the Nikon D-80 camera, a laptop computer, a GPS, a cell phone, sunglasses and other things. I have to say I was in shock. It was a nice part of town that it happened in. We saw a report on the news the next day that it is a gang in Charlotte on a spree. There were 5 cars in that particular lot that got hit. The gang members got in and out of the cars in under 15 seconds. Unbelievable. Luckallly, though, everything they took is covered under their homeowner's insurance. But, it's been a nightmare for them this week, trying to get it all sorted out.

Then, last night, my sisters' boyfriends car was stolen. Ugh! It's all so scary and crazy. I hope it doesn't come in three's....

Well, it's back to work. I'm working on a Christmas collection that, so far, I just love. I'll post it when it's finished. But, in the meantime~ don't leave anything valuable in your car! I guess the Christmas season is theft season as well.

More soon~ A

No comments: