Saturday, October 13, 2007

Writer's Block

So, I hope Kristy's not reading this today...lol. I am at The Scrapbook Pad. I'm supposed to be working on some more lessons for the font book, but I am having a major case of writer's block. It's nice to be out of the house on such a pretty day. I'm seeing lots of familiar faces I haven't seen in a while here at "The Pad", so it's kinda nice. Of course, I'm the only one sitting here with a computer today- so there does seem to be a group of women across from me looking at me as though I have three heads. Other than that, it's been a really nice day. Wish I could get with the program and do some productive writing, though.

I just found out today that the store I used to frequent- and have had such a love/hate relationship with- Recollections- is closing! Not just that store, but it seems they are shutting down all the stores and the corporate office. While my relationship with them for the last year has been tense, I would never wish that fate on anyone. I am terribly sad to hear about the closing of the company, and especially for all the employees I used to work with. The irony in all of it is that I actually had resigned myself to extend that olive branch where the local store is concerned. I was in there last week to buy a few things, and it was nice. I said hello to the store manager. While it was still tense, I feel that at least I made an effort. I was hoping that all this tension could be worked away, and that time had healed it~ especially after the warm conversations I had with some of the corporate office employees at CHA summer. The whole situation leaves me very sad.

However, in an inevitable flight, I'm sure lots of the old patrons from Recollections will make their way down to The Scrapbook Pad. I'll be very happy to see them, as I can normally be found there on the weekends. Who knows, maybe we can even get the old "Second Saturday" group back together. That'd be really nice.

In two days from now Nicholas will turn 8 years old. That, to me, is incredible. I can't believe he's that old! I also can't believe we've been living in Texas that long!!! We moved here two weeks after he was born. What's even funnier is that now I've lived in Texas as long as I lived in Charlotte, NC. Weird.

So, gonna try and get back to work now. Enough playing.... :-)
More soon~ I'm sure.... A

No comments: