Thursday, September 20, 2007

Las Vegas... Day ... I forgot....

Today was the last day of Memory Trends 2007. It has been an amazing trip. The show was pretty small, so we really had a great chance to meet and converse with the retailers and other vendors one-on-one. It's been so neat to meet some of the names I've admired for so long. Yes, I've met some "big names" in the industry. I guess I got a little too excited about it earlier and received some criticism for "dropping names" in the last blog posting. So, if I have offended anyone, please forgive the flippantness of my attitude over all the excitement here. You see, I am simply passionate about what I do. It's inspiring to me to meet some of the amazing women and men whom I admire and are so much better than me (that population number is huge)! I don't find conceit in what I do, and I am grateful for every opportunity that has been granted for me. But, I have worked for every opportunity and I am very sorry if that has offended anyone at all.

I have enjoyed meeting everyone who came by the booth! My only sadness is that I was really unable to venture out away from the velvet curtain of my 10x10 space and come see more of the trade show. I was fortunate enough to be present for the announcement of the new Scrapbooker of the Year. She and I had a fantastic conversation. I haven't seen her designs yet, but I'm sure they are amazing. The team at CK always has such great taste. I don't want to spill the beans on who it is, so jump over to www.creatingkeepsakes.com for the big announcement.

I am definately feeling homesick, though. My little boys are weighing on my mind. My mother is in from South Carolina to look after them while I'm gone. They are having so much fun there isn't much time for them to miss me. I've talked to them as often as I can. I'm missing helping with homework and snuggle times this week. Paul is flying out tonight, though. He should be here anytime, and we'll have a chance for some bonding time here in Vegas. Paul needs a vacation so bad. He's been working terribly hard lately, and I've begun to worry about him- as silly as that is.

I'm missing my girls back home- Paula, Cindy, Julie and the crew. They've gone on a retreat this weekend- a much-needed one. Paula has been so busy lately with some new creations for Design Originals, and with her crazy cute children.

Last night Cat and I ventured out to New York, New York and played at the Blackjack tables. For the first time all week I walked away with more than I arrived with! I think Paul and I are going to try and go back there tonight.

It won't be long before I will be moving. Virtually, anyway. I'm setting up my new Typepad blog, and will hopefully make a smooth transition soon.

What a great week! I love this industry.

A

No comments: