Sunday, July 29, 2007

Movin'....kinda

Today was a whirlwind! Today I decided to "take the day off", so to say. School is about to start, and Paul and I made the decision to split up the boys. Let me explain... for several years now the boys have shared a room. Not that we didn't have room for them each to have their own room, but because they just didn't want to. Now with kindergarten and second grade looming, we thought it might be nice to split up the little monkies and give them their own space. Catherine came over and motivated me to get busy. We moved out the spare bedroom furniture and put it on Craig's List. It sold in an hour! I then realized I didn't have furniture to put in Ben's room. So, I took the money from the Craig's List sale and a little more, and bought him the cutest dresser from Ashley Furniture. It's supposed to be here in about two weeks. The funniest thing, though, was that they looked at me like I had four heads when I told them I was paying cash! I guess noone does that anymore. So, after a long day of moving rooms and furniture shopping, we were shot. We settled in about 7p to watch a movie, and now Ben and Nicholas are actually sleeping in their own rooms. What an event!

Yesterday was a fun day too. After seeing the Recollections corporate staff at CHA, it inspired me to take a day and go crop at their store. Of course, there I sit with my two friends Julie and Catherine, and all our electronics. So many people came to ask what we were doing. Had they carried my books, I think I could have sold ten copies of each. My research was right. After a long day there, we headed up to our home away from home, The Scrapbook Pad. The atmosphere was much lighter and enjoyable. And, I think I did even sell a couple books there too. But, they actually have them on the shelves.

Last night I also finished up my entry for the Memory Makers Masters Contest. The layouts I did were much different than what I usually do, so I'll be curious to find out the outcome. I even submitted a couple traditional layouts.

I'm counting the days until Paula comes home from vacation and the bugs in the site are worked out. Plus, there's some new surprises waiting around the corner.

That Tylenol PM has kicked in, so it's off to bed.

More soon,
Amanda

No comments: