Friday, May 4, 2007

No One Mourns the Wicked

Paul and I bought tickets for the May 3rd performance of Wicked in September of 2005. At the time, we thought we were buying them for May 3rd, 2006. But....No! The show was tonight! It was worth the wait. We had incredible seats, and the performers were just perfect. Elfeba was green and beautiful, and Ga-Linda had the most amazing voice I think I had ever heard. If you have a chance, definately go see it before it leaves. Sooooo worth it. If you don't know what it's about, it's the story of the witches of Oz before Dorothy arrives. It explains why the Wicked Witch of the West is green, how the ruby slippers came to be, what's up with the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. It even explains the Emerald City...and so much more. The story is funny, touching and beautiful all at once. And, if you are into details, the costumes themselves are worth going to the show. I think I may have to do a "Wicked" kit! I'm inspired now.

Oh, if you have seen it, tell me- are you defying gravity- or popular? I think I'm more of a "popular" girl... :-)

I also have SOOOO much to report that I can't talk about! I'm about to need a big zipper to go over my mouth. Just stay tuned and wait for July 1st... there's going to be some really kewl stuff happening. I think you'll like it....heheheheheh (insert Wicked laugh here).

More soon~ Amanda

1 comment:

Paula Phillips said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait for July 1st either - do I need a big zipper as well? HEHE!
LOL,
Paula