Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cakes Galore!


So, I got a call from Paul's mother on Sunday. Keep in mind that Paul's sister Yvonne is getting married THIS SATURDAY. We volunteered to do centerpieces- something I thought was going to be a small little task. She is having a simple wedding, and wanted something like pine cones in glass bowls... I thought I'd drizzle some Diamond Glaze and Diamond Dust, along with a little ribbon and call it good. Whatever was I thinking! I had the bright idea of making paper mache' wedding cakes. I thought that would be something easy... and quick....not too elaborate. I clearly didn't have my head on straight. Two days and twelve cakes later my kitchen counter looked like a small bakery. But, the cakes are way cute, even if I do say so myself. I think Yvonne will be pleased.

Looks like a nasty storm is coming in... got to turn off the computer for now.

More soon!
Amanda D

1 comment:

Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

OMgoodness! I love those!! Those are sooo beautiful! What a wonderful gift you are giving her!