Saturday, March 31, 2007

Perfect Moments

After a late night of cropping we awoke to the sound of the phone ringing. After three days of solid storms and rain the sun is out and resounding in the sky. It is simply beautiful. The soccer fields, however, leave something to be desired. They are coverd in water and mud- so no soccer game today. Our boxer is looking at me with big sad eyes. I know he wants to go run in the mud. He's looking at me like, "Hey- you forgot me!" The cat is taking a bath on the loveseat. The kids are fighting over which movie to watch, and Paul's reconsiling the bank account. That leaves me here, browsing the scrapbook galleries and blogging. This is pretty much a perfect moment. Relative quiet...a resonably clean house...solice. All is good.

I've come to recognize more perfect moments lately. Like, two nights ago- Paul and I were snuggled in bed. It was softly raining outside. The cat came and nestled between us. Then, I heard a little snore come out of Nicholas. Since it had been storming, the kids were scared. We let them sleep in a pallate on the floor next to us, even though it was a school night. That little snore reminded me of how precious the moment was. I looked over at Paul and said, "This is a perfect moment." He smiled and kissed me on the forehead and said, "Where did that come from?" Then I realized... we just don't pay close enough attention. We have to take a step back, even in the middle of the chaos and the laughing, and even the crying. Take a step back and acknowledge- this is a perfect moment. Life is filled with filling in the spaces between these moments. And those moments- are what we scrapbook about.

More soon~ Amanda

1 comment:

Betsy T. said...

Thanks for the reminder, Amanda.