Sunday, March 25, 2007

March Madness

A funny thing happened at The Scrapbook Pad yesterday. Oh, we had such a great time! Paula and I joined the "March Madness" tournament for scrapbooking. We, apparently, were a little too sure of ourselves. After two rounds, we were out! The challenge was to make a page in 10 minutes. Well, our pages were still miles away from ready when the timer went off. So, we kicked ourselves and thought, "Man, we must really be terrible scrapbookers!" And, truth be told, if the challenge was any different we may still be thinking that. But, in that it was a time related challenge, we decided to take it easy on ourselves. After being jilted from the contest early on we had plenty of time to work on our own pages. In the remaining 9 hours of cropping, I finished (count them....) 2 pages! Two! In NINE hours! It's really no wonder I lost in the part of the competition that I did. But, I really like those two pages! Actually, I can't even say it was a full two. One is not finished yet. :-)
For me, though, that's the fun part of the process. I like to lay things out, move them around, resize and shape them- try new techniques- and really get the page just the way I like it. I like to toy with my photographs and make them look just the way I like them. So, I don't feel quite so bad about spending 9 hours on two (okay, one and three quarters) layouts.

Amanda

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! She blogs again! Glad to hear you had a good time with us at The Pad!

Amanda Dykan said...

lol... too funny Heather! Yes, I'm blogging again. Watch out! Your picture may end up in here! lol...

Amanda