Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Limbo-land+Scrapaddiction=Productivity

It's one of those days when there are a million things to be done, but I can't seem to muster the energy to do anything but post to the ol' blog. Nicholas has a science project due tomorrow- which really means I have a science project due tomorrow. We are leaving for Vegas in two days, which means there's laundry to be done and packing to be started. Let's not even mention that mess in the kitchen... well, at least the cat and dog are fed, right? Throw soccer practice tonight into the mix- and the fact that Paul is working all day and all night today, and, well, let's just say I probably shouldn't be here posting to the ol' blog! But, nonetheless, here I am.
I've also come to the realization that there is such an illness called "scrapaddiction". They should bottle up capsules of cure and send it out to all of us. They'd make a fortune. I've come to this realization over the fact that I've had no credit card access for a couple weeks now. Isn't that a shame! Okay, let me explain... someone hacked into our identity and stole our bank account number, our PayPal number, and two of our three credit card numbers. We came to this realization after they transferred a significant number of dollars over to Lithuania (!!!) a couple weeks back. Then, apparently we purchased a great number of dance songs off a British website. We even bought some software from another British website. I had no idea I was so tech-savvy. My bank didn't either. Thankfully, they deposited all the heisted pounds and dollars back into our accounts, but not before we had to close every card and account we had. Now we are in limbo waiting for new account cards and credit cards. I'm on a cash-only basis (which my husband LOVES, by the way). But, I think the scrapbooking websites are in trouble this week since I have had no means to buy anything from any one of them! Not to mention that ScrapArtist has new stuff up this week (and a lot of it!). So, I'm in pain. No buying for me. Oh, just wait until those cards arrive!! Oprah should really have a show just for scrapaddiction. I'll bet her ratings would go up.
This limbo, though, has actually been good for my creativity. I've actually done some pages instead of buying kits! What a concept. I started a gallery on DigiShopTalk and ScrapArtist. I'd put one here, but I don't know how to yet. See, I'm really not as tech-savvy as I pretend to be. Big surprise, huh? I have been mighty productive, and really can't wait to do more pages. It's gotten me all set to do demo's at "The Scrapbook Pavillion" booth at PMA in a few days. I can't wait! Scrapbooking in public is even better.
That brings me to the subject at hand.... Las Vegas. What to wear, what to see, what to do... any suggestions? Please, I know someone out there has to be reading this and can offer up some advice. I'm at a loss. There are so many shows! So much to do, and I only have 3 nights to see it all in.
Enough for now, I suppose. I really ought to get working on that science project. :-)

~Amanda D

No comments: