Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

What a day! My best friend, Paula, arranged for a full day today of "some of my favorite things", as she called it~ to celebrate my thirty-something-ith birthday. All day, we did nothing but my favorite things. We ate my favorite food from my favorite resteraunts, and spent time with most of my favorite people. She did all this without asking. She didn't need me to tell her the flavor of my favorite cake, or my favorite color, my favorite resteraunts, or my favorite shopping places. She just knew. Just by being my friend, and paying attention, she just knew. She and some of my closest girlfriends went in together and gave me the most perfect present I can think of. It was just perfect.

This wonderful girl came into my life about three years ago. We've only really been friends, though, since about October of last year. Now we're inseperable. I can't imagine not having her in my life. And, most of all, she didn't have to ask what my favorite things are.

If you have someone like that in your life, please, tell them how special they are to you. Paula, Cindy, Gina, Heather and Lori~ I hope you gals know how very special you are to me. Thanks for making it a great thirty-something-ish birthday.

~ A

No comments: