Monday, December 24, 2007

The Croup on Christmas


So, it's Christmas Eve.... and all through the house, not a creature was stirring.... wait, what's that sound??? Oh, that's just Amanda~ hacking up another lung. Yes, boys and girls. It's official. Pnuemonia has hit the Dykan house and it isn't pretty. Thankfully all the boys are fine. It's just me, and I hope it stays that way. Fever, coughing, all the fun stuff. So, there'll be no Christmas dinner being whipped up in the kitchen at my house.

The whole thing actually has me pretty bummed. I know Christmas will be wonderful, as Santa has a full list of goodies on the agenda. He's been requested to deliver a Spiderman bike and a Wii, both of which I am 100% confident he will come through on. So, the guys are going to have a fantastic day, and I can't wait to see the look on their faces. But, I just hate being sick in general, so I'm being mopey about it.

Plus, Mason and Kate have officially left to move to Chicago. That leaves me really bummed, as it was really nice having my big brother and his great girlfriend around. But, I know they have to do what's best for their family. But, I'm being mopey about that too.

The only thing I just refuse to be mopey about is the fact that being under the weather has challenged to me to do the mundane work of uploading product to the new website! That part has me thrilled. The new PurplePaperFlowers site has me smiling all the way to the moon and back. I know I still have a lot of work left to do- as does Kathy (the awesome webgal), but we'll get through it with little problems, I think.

So, I'm taking my meds and hoping to be back in the land of the living before long. I'm giddy with delight at the thought of what the new year will bring. I'm excited for the release of the new book and CD's. I'm thrilled with the prospects of the promotion at CHA, and I'm actually really looking forward to the trip to Vegas in January. Time to start saving, I can tell.

To everyone out there who might be reading this.... well, Happy Christmas!!! Merry Holidays~ Season's Greetings~ Ho Ho Ho and all of that... I hope your Christmas is bright, fun, and germ-free. :-)

And, I DO have Santa's phone number! Ben gave it to me today. I have to share the conversation....

"Mommy, can you call Santa to see what time he's coming tonight?"
"Honey, I'd love to, but I don't have Santa's number."
"I DO! It's 1-800-HO-HO-HO."

All I could do was laugh and promise to call. What a smart kid I have.

To all a good night.... Amanda

No comments: