Monday, March 19, 2007

A Little Less Conversation...

Less talk and more action! I have spent the last few days with my best friend from middle school. She came out and we had a great time catching up, scrapbooking, talking and just being silly girls. It also occurred to me that, as of lately, it seems I have been spending a lot of time talking about things that I'm going to do, and little to no time actually doing it. So, when Jennifer was here I got the new April issue to CK magazine. I skimmed through the book, having been excited about it arriving (as I am every month). After she left today I have become immobile. Having being ever so graceful, I took a tumble in my driveway today. It was really a site to behold. I happened to be holding my Canon Rebel digital camera at the time. So, when I began to fall, the world went in slow motion and all I could think of was "SAVE THE CAMERA!" So that I did. I hugged the camera in tight and wrapped my other arm around it. My knees hit the pavement and I lunged forward. My elbows caught me before I went face first onto the ground. The camera was safe! My knees, on the other hand, were another story. Plus, I somehow smashed my brand new watch. Believe me, a small price to pay for saving the much covited digital camera. Thank goodness! Anyway, this evening has been filled with nothing but my having my leg propped up with the ice pack off and on it. When I had this time to actually read my CK magazine, I saw it. There, clear as day on pages 77-78- the "Scrapbooker of the Year" contest ad for 2007. The ad itself lit a new fire in me. I hobbled over to the laptop and pulled up their website to get the contest details. So, now, I have them. I'm armed with motivation, excitement and a new fever for winning. I lost last year. This year, I do plan to make the finals. So, watch out, ladies! Here I come! I'm placing my order.... :-)

More soon~ Amanda

No comments: